Weigh in Day 9/6/13 -1.2 lbs, 58.6 lbs down 31.4lbs to go

7 Sep

I am both surprised and thrilled with this loss… the week was surprisingly hard but I think that the extra hike on Monday really helped me balance all the weirdness that happened throughout the rest of the week.  Tuesday Morning I couldn’t get up early and work out, not for lack of desire but I slept through my alarm and then on Wednesday our power went out in the middle of the night lasting most of the day so no workout in the morning again then I ate something bad for lunch which landed me in bed the rest of the evening.  Finally Thursday, I had to get up super early for an appointment and so my elliptical waited until after work.  I stayed on track with calories in and getting in my other workouts but I know the hike on Monday made all the difference!  It makes me wish I lived just a little closer to some of my favorite hikes to do after work during the week.  Ahh well maybe one day!

I can tell my love of hiking is not lessening but in fact growing into a lifetime of activity, it will be part of my future planning for sure!  Plus look where I live, talk about inspiring!

8 Responses to “Weigh in Day 9/6/13 -1.2 lbs, 58.6 lbs down 31.4lbs to go”

1. nancytex2013 09/07/2013 at 8:02 pm #

Atta girl! Very proud of you – both on the weight loss and on your great outlook and healthy mindset. Wish I could’ve run into you on the mountains on Monday!

2. MikeW 09/07/2013 at 9:40 pm #

Right on Kathy and Aaron!

3. nancytex2013 09/08/2013 at 9:40 pm #

Hey Kathy! I have nominated you for 3 awards today because I think you are inspirational and amazing! Check them out here: http://myyearofsweat.wordpress.com/2013/09/08/sharing-a-little-sunshine/.
    Congratulations! xoxo nancy

• hikingtohealthy 09/11/2013 at 3:39 pm #

Wow!!! Thank you so much Nancy it means a lot to me that nominated me for these awards!

4. walksandrambles 09/14/2013 at 9:40 am #

You folks okay in the rains?

• hikingtohealthy 09/14/2013 at 7:22 pm #

We are ok! Thanks so much for checking! We are in one of the hard hit areas but have sailed through unscathed!

• walksandrambles 09/15/2013 at 8:03 am #

That’s good to hear. Terrible situation in your state.