Weigh in Day 1/10/14 +5.4LBs, 53.6 lbs down 36.4 left to go

10 Jan

This is obviously no shock to me,  seeing as I have been dodging the scale for months AND not really tracking my calories.  I know it was worse last week and I lost some weight this week.  I am ok not knowing how much I lost or how much more the gain back might have been.  I really thought today’s weigh in would be worse so I will take this, either as a small win or a small setback… not sure how I am looking at it yet, but I think both are positive viewpoints.

As I get on track, I am going to focus on getting back into the groove of my workout habits and staying within my daily calories these first few weeks.  I am still using the Lose It App and my fitbit as tools to help stay on target and keep motivated.  There is something strangely stimulating about see 15-20K steps at the end of each day again.

This week I did Elliptical every morning before work, walked during the day while working, came home lifted weights and walked before dinner.  I won’t lie, it was a struggle to get it all in like I used too but I knew if I could get back to it this week, next week would be easier.  Getting back up to my summer level of activity is just around the corner.  Here’s to hoping I am right!

It feels good to be focused again and have small wins!  I like my muscles being a little sore each night and when I wake up in the morning.  It wasn’t that I haven’t been active the last 2 months, because I was, but I wasn’t really pushing myself.

We have a repeater hike planned for tomorrow mainly just to get above 8000 feet.  I wanted to try to find something new but the snow has been wonderfully abundant, which makes finding a new adventure above 8K a little trickier to commit to!  I figure if we can get above 8k this week, going to 10k next week with snow shoes will be easier.  I want to be hiking above 10K before our guided snowshoe adventure in February.

I am also going to try to get in a quick and easy hike on Sunday since I like that so much better than just walking on my path or working out in the house.

We started out the new year right by hiking on the one day off, I won’t lie we picked easy because we were hung over from ringing in the new year but it still felt good.  Here is a shot from the trail at Spruce Mountain ( Hike details here).

View from the bluffs facing south west towards Pikes Peak.

View from the bluffs facing south-west towards Pikes Peak.

9 Responses to “Weigh in Day 1/10/14 +5.4LBs, 53.6 lbs down 36.4 left to go”

1. Mind Margins 01/11/2014 at 8:11 am #

With your great attitude you’ll get back on track quickly. I love having slightly sore muscles in the morning myself. It feels good to push yourself a little beyond your comfort zone.

• hikingtohealthy 01/11/2014 at 9:11 pm #

I can hope only hope that I get your resolve in life in general… you are the inspiration! Sore muscles are the best!

2. nancytex2013 01/11/2014 at 8:13 pm #

This is a winning attitude! I’m proud of you for having such s great outlook. You’re doing all the right things, and the results will come. Go you!

• hikingtohealthy 01/11/2014 at 9:13 pm #

Thanks! I am feeling positive and already dreaming about all the great new clothes… oh and a healthier lifestyle….really.

3. Saddlebags and Backpacks - a brewer's outdoor adventures 01/12/2014 at 1:43 pm #

keep it up, you are doing fabulously well!

You’ve lost more than me and I’ve been at it two years so mega kudos to you! 🙂

• hikingtohealthy 01/15/2014 at 10:45 am #

Thank you so much! You are rocking it too… and for the record I am creeping up on 2 years myself.

4. RobP 01/14/2014 at 2:25 pm #

Getting back into things after Christmas is always a struggle. My first lunchtime walk almost killed me 🙂 I think you should look at your results positively, especially given that you have just been through the festive season!

• hikingtohealthy 01/15/2014 at 10:45 am #

Thanks Rob! It is hard to get back in the swing of things! But I feel good and I am excited to have new adventures to look forward too.

5. clgphotos 01/15/2014 at 11:30 am #

Hey we just finished the holidays. You are doing great.