Weigh in Day 3/22/13 No change 48.6lbs down, 41.4lbs left to go

22 Mar

I just realized that I have not posted a weigh in lately….  well maybe I didn’t just realize it but I didn’t feel like lamenting about my yo-yoing again before now.

With my nieces here, we ate like crazy and then we cooked and baked like crazy, which meant more eating and not enough exercising.  We had an insane amount of fun though so I don’t regret anything we did or how we did it.  The next time they come we will do more hikes like they suggested so that it balances out better.   Either way, it took me 2 weeks to get back to where I was before they arrived.

The next couple of months  have no trips or visits in them(yet) just lots of hiking and exercising.  I am really optimistic that I will be breaking through my plateau soon.

I think we will be able to get our first 14er( mountain over 14000ft above sea level) done in July unless of course this crazy weather continues.  Which I am absolutely not complaining about because we need the moisture so desperately but this weekend again (like the 4th weekend in a row) they are saying a huge snow storm starting tonight and rolling into tomorrow which is our hiking day.  Since we will never be able to predict the weather on high hikes as accurately as we would like, we have decided we are still going to hike tomorrow.  It will just be close to home and on a sure long trail that will hopefully be less impacted by the weather then if we tried the hike I had originally planned.

8 Responses to “Weigh in Day 3/22/13 No change 48.6lbs down, 41.4lbs left to go”

1. Ingrid 03/22/2013 at 10:37 am #

I finally posted today about that Liebster Award….thank you. These weekends sure have been crazy with weather. I’m heading up to Westminster to my daughters for the weekend. Hope the weather holds out long enough for my drive. Enjoy your hiking!

• hikingtohealthy 03/22/2013 at 1:53 pm #

I am still working on the Spirit Award you gave me so I completely understand! I hope you have a safe drive to your daughters!

2. Roberta 03/22/2013 at 12:07 pm #

One day at a time..You are doing great!

3. mtnairloversview 03/22/2013 at 8:21 pm #

Nice job! You’ve got me beat by about 16#s. I’m still working at it though. I’ve got faith in you that you will be successful.

4. Congrats! I started hiking years ago to lose weight, and it worked. But I’ve gained some back. I have to keep it up, along with yoga. I’ve set my goal to begin hiking again April 1st. We have our own trail and just keeping it up is plenty of exercise.

5. Janet 03/25/2013 at 1:39 pm #

I’m reading a book called, “A Lady’s Life in the Rocky Mountains.” Have you heard of it? It’s a sort of travel log written in the 1800’s by Isabella Bird. You cross my mind when I read about the different places she speaks of in Colorado.

• hikingtohealthy 03/26/2013 at 3:01 pm #

I haven’t heard of it Janet but I think I will have to check it out now! Thanks for the recommendation!