I have to say I was quite shocked and honored on Wednesday when Henry at the MoweryJournel nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. At the MoweryJournal, Henry focuses on all those passions of his that has made his journey though life amazing! He does all ranges of topics and does them amazingly well! He is a gifted writer! Thank you so much Henry!!!!!
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer the questions the nominator made for you and also create 11 more questions for the blogs you nominate
- Choose 11 people to receive this award as well and link them to your post
- Go to their page and tell them.
11 Things about myself:
- I am the youngest of 6
- I am on the edge of being a crazy cat lady with 4 furry friends ( 3 of them rescued, 1 an impulse buy like an expensive purse).
- I am a Halloween super freak, I decorate like crazy and all my storage space is mostly filled with those decorations.
- this might be Obvious, but I really love to hike
- I am addicted to pinning stuff on Pinterest….but not necessarily doing any of those things
- I love to read books and I shamefully switch back and forth between Sci-Fi Fantasy & Young Adult.
- I used to play World of Warcraft to the point that sometimes I would call in sick just to play all day. ( I no longer play it)
- I went to Culinary school instead of Law school.
- My Favorite city I have visited so far is Rome.
- The one city I can’t wait to visit is Paris
- I want to learn more about photography
Eleven questions from MoweryJournel:
1. How did you name your blog? – Hiking is a passion I have always had and somehow I had lost my path. After 6 months of doing it every weekend I realized it was making me healthier and it was as simple as that
2. Link to your favorite post on your blog. Upper Mohawk Lake Why this one? It was the highest I had gone at the time and the views were the best motivation ever. Since then I cannot wait to get to my first 14er( Mountain Peak over 14000ft)
3. When do you most like to write? Immediately after my hikes, when the experience is fresh in my mind.
4. What do you do for fun, other than blogging? Well hiking mostly, but I also love to read and cook. I may become addicted to making Jewelry thanks to my sister Mary, and my old Vegas lady personality who loves all that sparkles.
5. Who would you like to interview? Oops I forgot this one. My dad died when I was15. I would like to interview him to see what he would be like with me being an adult…..
6. Why did you start writing your blog? I wanted to remember all the hikes I had done and have a place my friends and family could go to see what I have been up to. If they ever wanted to do a hike, this would be a place for them to pick out a hike they think they might like. I also wanted a place to hold myself accountable on my weight-loss journey
7. Favorite food? Pizza
8. Favorite drink? Diet Coke or Vodka
9. What are you reading now? The Hobbit for like the 100th time
10. Favorite vacation spot? Las Vegas not because I like to gamble but because I love all the glitter and lights
11. Favorite Musician/Band? U2
Here are the 11 Blogs I am nominating in no particular order:
- Califraven: Janet loves hiking and tells us readers all about the beauty of those hikes.
- Life with John: John who, after a long career in the Army and then Defense consulting, is writing about all his interests now that he is retired. He is a great amateur photographer.
- Adam Sawyer, Professional Gentleman of Leisure: Adam is following his love writing and experiencing the great outdoors
- Kazzabee: Kazza is a lovely woman who is living her life to the fullest and sharing her amazing adventures with us all.
- Acadian Soul: Carol is a courageous woman finding herself through photography and hiking after losing her Husband.
- The Jeep Experience: A fun Colorado Couple is experiencing their loves of off-roading, hiking and adventure in Colorado
- Walksandrambles: About a woman who loves to walk and hike is telling us all about the great trails in her new home of Montana
- Fossicking: Melissa lives in Strasbourg and I just love her pictures and posts on a vast array of things!
- Bruce Czopek: is a talented Designer and artist living in Hawii, I love his pictures and posts
- HikingAngelesForest: Kyle writes about his hikes and gives so much more than just trail details and lovely pictures.
- Live Laugh RV: Ingrid and Al are amazing people who are sharing their love of adventure and travels.
And here are the 11 questions that I want you all to answer:
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Who is someone you consider a role model?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Are you a salty or sweet person?
- Have you jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon? If so what is the thing you love to pin most?
- What is your favorite post on your blog with a link? Why?
- What is your favorite holiday tradition?
- What do you do to relax?
- Where do you like to go to clear your head and get a change of perspective?
- What do you look forward to most each day?
- Where is your dream vacation going to take place?